Thursday, June 27, 2013

Adam B C's second day in Jakarta


My first day end with a chance meeting with a couple. Here is the story, Nevya was arranging dinner with Jil and Sai, but Sai was sick and could not attend. So Nevya decided to pay him a visit in his lovely home on the 19th floor. It was in that modern apartment that he offered to take us to the Zoo the very next day. Of course I said yes. So after waking up quite early this morning we set off to Taman Safari park. The whole day was so unplanned.



We arrived a little early, so we decided to chill with some ducks.



We think they were hunting for the early worms or snails.



The temperature is so much cooler here than Jakarta



I love the forest.



Ladies and Gentlemen this is Jil. Thanks for the apple Jil.



I don't think they are fully awake yet.



Hey you talking to me?



The morning so was just gorgeous.



We could not have picked a better thing to do today.



Here is the troops. Me, S, Sai, Jil and Eugene.



Here is the troops group B. Boy, Me, Sai, Jil and Eugene.



First thing we saw in the Zoo enclosure.



I did not realise they had so much fur.



Especially the little ones.



He looks like a coco nut.



Beautiful S curve thank you momma.



One of the many green rock brooks.



We have the hippo.



Apparently they like carrots.



Feed me!



How long must i wait for a carrot?


DO you see that!



Jelly bean sausage.



Scale and proportion!



He looks like a jelly bean sausage.


Did you know I love to eat.



That is why my ass looks so plump.



Oh look to the right.



So strange to see a camel in the jungle.



This is the our view of the Zoo from the safety of Jil's drivers car.



Birds up for their morning dance.



It is like looking at a chicken with a afternoon sun dress on and crown.



I just love carrots.



The deer family.



Up close and person with the deers.



Hello, do you have any more of those orange things?



Let's feed him from the safety of our car, hey Sai.



That looks like a man in a dark brown suit!



Kinda looks like a fun playground.



Just enjoying my corn.



Seriously the way they move, I know that is a man under that leather jacket.



Wow!



This is the first time i have seen horns like that on a real animal and not a Cowboyly decorated wall.



We all have quite large egos.



I can't believe what i am looking at.



It is a white horse with black stripes.



Oh and yes we need to pay our tax.



Nice shot S.



Yes this is what I came here for the carrot.



Such a soft soft nose.



He looks like that every day, wonderful.



S got to touch so really awesome leather.



S feeding carrots to her new friend.



What a beautiful bottom lip.


I'm gonna kiss the Zebra!



These two species are really always together.



Do you think they are cousins?



The Wildebeest.



That twist on the horn looks like a sea shell.



Look at the pattern on her back? Such a organised repeat pattern.



Let's go and feed em.



We need to get much closer. Oh no the ranger has caught us.



Sorry, the giraffe asked us to get closer.



I guess we'll just have to see they from the car.



So alien.



They have quite thin necks from this angle.



Hi do you have a carrot?



Look he is doing Tiffany's pose.



And from New Zealand a Cassowary.



This Jakarta trip is the Best.



OH on guard!



If i walked close to that Bison, my height would not reach the back of his tale. That thing is huge.



The lion's den.



The Alpha sleeps.



On pride rock.



The Beta awakes at the Alpha's call.



Beta moves towards Alpha's location.



This is why the lion crossed the road.



Gamma, Delta and others wait.



I wonder what the conversation was about?



I love it here.



Tigers are always sleepy.



OK, I'll get up slightly for a moment, only a moment.



I think he wants to speak to the manager.



Such a beautiful shot S.



I love the enclosure. Great place to work. I mean for the tiger.



He is looking at us.



I feel are we here to see them or are they here to study us?



Almost invisible.



Such powerful paws.



Oh what could be next?



The white Rhino.



They are more grey than white.



Such tough skin.



Hard to believe that horn is all hair.



I am having so much fun here.



Such a powerful gaze.



I can't stop looking at her!



This one looks like a rat!



I wonder if they are from Australia.



That orange is almost red.



The Salmon hunter.



I wish i had a fur coat.



He kinda looks unhappy.



Maybe he missed out on his salmon today.



Gloomy bear.



Hamsters. Well they look like huge hamsters.



Scale and proportion.



Leader monkey.



Momma monkey.



What, I have been waiting here for days, you say you're out of carrots?



What do you have then?



OK I'll take that.



Little teen monkey. I have to wait for the leader to finish before i can approach.



How many bananas do we have left?



I'm tired.



Dreaming of a tiger.



Just a days work kids.



Lets go to the waterfall.



Sai your local Bollywood Star.



I feel like i am on Endor.



Heading to the Waterfall.



So Lovely.



 Wow there it is.



Are my pants too colourful?



Quite a trek to the waterhole.



We love it here.



Nice shot Boy.



S is like Tomb Raider.



So beautiful isn't it.



Uneven surface.



Thank you Sai for inviting us.



Thank you Eugene for you deep worldly insights.



We love you Jil.



We can't take our eyes off this wonder.



One more shot before we need to go.



Can you tell he is a rock climber.



Two good mates!



Size and Scale huh.



It is all a wonderful set.


So cold the water.



Cold to you bones.



The whole thing is so tranquil.



What a great experience.



Taman Safari park. What a great day.



Oh some Japanese hot spring monkeys. Now did they copy us or did we copy them?



Momma and Baby.


That baby is never going to leave her side. Well at least not for now.



The lovely S.



Look how small I am.



Come back please.




Ha Ha Huh.



OK I think I'm done. I love this.



Man that thing is huge.



This is my first time touching an elephant.



It is like touching carpet.



Ready for the shot, elephant.



The troops and the Elephants.



Hey Boy do you want some water?



We all love elephants. It was a great day for everyone.



He looks like a orchard, the leaves on his face, look.



My everlasting memory of the Malayan Tiger.



This is like a movie shot.



What a great day. But the day is only half done. Back to the city we go.



Love Full frame.



Was that cloud telling me something?



No retouching necessary.



Long ride home.



Quite tired.



Every cloud has a silver lining



Once again I love full frame.



This is Sai's and Jil's apartment Lobby. Yes you do see a fire! And you just missed the fireworks.



Getting ready to go out to Blow Fish.



It is late now past twelve. What a lovely crescent moon.


Thank you all for visiting, this day has drawn to an end, stay tuned for tomorrows exciting trip to the Club Blow fish, and then only a few hours sleep and we head to a Island called Belitung. No rest for the  wicked. Ha ha. Good Night everyone.







No comments:

Post a Comment